Principal Engineer - Systems - Acceptance
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Principal Engineer – Systems - Acceptance
Location: Broad Oak, Portsmouth (other locations considered such as Dorchester, New Malden, Frimley) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Up to £63,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the definition and application of the Maritime Multi Link acceptance process at software, hardware and system level from requirement to customer acceptance
- Working closely with the Engineering Managers, SDA and Requirements Manager, as well as internal/external supplier and customer, to ensure project and customer requirement needs are being met, culminating in project and system acceptance
- Management of FATs (Hardware and Software) including ensuring readiness and providing customer deliverables e.g. schedules and report
- Lead on Test Review Board bringing together and providing evidence for final project acceptance
- Ensuring QA standards and business processes are met/followed throughout the acceptance process including configuration management
- Input into estimation of effort for acceptance tasks and schedule planning
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience working on product development programmes supporting the Royal Navy
- A good understanding of the engineering lifecycle
- Good understanding of configuration management, requirements management and acceptance processes
- Competence and capability with requirements capture and management software tools e.g. the Rationale software tools such as DOORS, etc.
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Naval Ships Combat Systems Team:
Your role will work within the Naval ships combat systems team and you will be responsible for the production of your own work. You will act as a point of contact between the project and the other stakeholders involved with the acceptance events.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.