Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Production Line Design
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Production Line Design
Location: Barrow - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £38,734 depending on skills & experience- Overtime available
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a pull through production process utilising lean skills and core tools
- Responsible for converting the Engineering Design intent into Manufacturing Engineering data for Manufacturing Operations use
- Responsible for managing and developing staff in-line with appropriate performance management techniques (lead, develop and motivate assigned staff)
- Provide decision- making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Act as project focal point for discipline specific tasks ensuring best practices are adopted and embedded.
Your skills and experiences:
- Pull through production line experience
- PFMEA (Process Failure Modes and Effect Analysis) & APQP (Advance product quality planning) & PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Six Sigma Lean – DMEDI
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Senior Manufactoring- Production line design team:
As part of this role you will be a part of an expanding and developing team which will be developing a new way of submarine building.
You will also have significant involvement in key Manufacturing Engineering projects – cross functional interaction with all disciplines, suppliers and customers in addition to advising, coaching and leading other team members.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.