IT Project Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: IT Project Manager
Location: Barrow-In-Furness (up to four days on site per month)
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading on the evaluation and response to complex new requirements from the business
- Developing Project Proposals/Rough Order of Magnitude estimates for new requirements working collaborative with the business, IM&T subject matter experts and third parties
- Develop project plans and identifying and managing the associated, risks, dependencies and opportunities
- Creating investments cases together with Project Sponsors and progressing these through the organisations funding processes
- Ensuring successful mobilisation and handover to the delivery lead
- Project managing small-medium complexity tactical projects as required, overseeing all aspects of delivery to ensure a successful outcome for the customer
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in end-to-end delivery of Projects, from initial scoping through, through delivery and handover to support
- Confident in all stages of the project lifecycle and specifically scoping, shaping and estimate new work
- Experienced working with both internal teams and third parties
- Experience working in a complex manufacturing or engineering organisation
- Experience in delivery of ERP related Projects, (notably using SAP and Primavera)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Product Fulfilment team:
The Product Fulfilment team is one of four Product Groups within the IM&T function. Product Fulfilment is responsible for providing the IT capabilities that are required by the core delivery functions of the business (such as Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Project Delivery), and those which support it (such as HR and Finance). In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with senor members across the business, with the view of growing project management skills by having exposure to a lot of business areas.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.