Principal Resilience Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Resilience Manager
Location: Barrow-In-Furness (Hybrid) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and coordinate the overarching policy, principles, and standards to ensure on-site & off-site strategic, tactical, and operational response to nuclear and conventional incidents
- Lead and motivate a diverse team, setting objectives, reviewing performance, and participating in selection/promotion decisions to ensure staff have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver
- Develop and maintain relationships at senior levels with customers and regulatory agencies
- Provide strategic leadership to the EPOR to deliver transformational change, efficiency, innovation, and continual service improvement
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and experience of delivering emergency arrangements
- Working knowledge of nuclear regulation
- Experience of setting strategy and delivery plans
- Experience of leading diverse teams, setting objectives, and reviewing performance
- Experience of managing internal and external stakeholders at a senior level
- Experience of delivering transformational change, efficiency, and innovation to ensure continual service improvement
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Resilience Team – BAE Submarines:
You will be responsible for the overall delivery of the onsite emergency planning and resilience arrangements, setting clear strategic goals and objectives; aligned to business, customer and regulatory to ensure a safe and secure environment for BAES submarines business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.