BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Plater Fabricator
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
Salary: Up to £32,927 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- To be trade competent, measured at a minimum of 60% skilled against MS_ Constructive competencies.
- Carry out a Trade specific point of work risk assessment before every task, detailed by Team Leader
- Abide by all Risk Assessments, BAE polices and the law.
- Ensure all tools and equipment that are used are suitable, fit for purpose and in date for any inspection required.
- Attend all training courses, Tool Box Talks and briefings where possible.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers, managing their expectations and needs. Mentoring allocated apprentices
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses via the appropriate reporting tool.
Your skills and experiences:
- Have completed an appropriate trade apprenticeship, naval equivalent qualifications, or qualifications (NVQ in Trade).
- Experience in fabrication
- Be competent in using a wide range of hand tools and equipment.
- Relevant Industry Experience – Marine, Oil & Gas, Heavy Construction, Rolling Stock
- Ability to work at heights and confined spaces
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Constructive Trade team:
Working for a world recognised defence organisation – refit and maintenance of all serving vessels. Such as QEC and Type 45 Destroyers. This team is responsible for the constructive aspects of the maintenance, e.g. new components and structural repairs, of the British Naval Fleet
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.