Principal Engineer - (Mechanical Handling %26 Lifting)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title:Principal Engineer – Crane Design Specialist
Location: Barrow-In-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for defining and delivering activities and documentation in accordance with the requirements, legislation and processes
- Provide advice and guidance with respect to the design in relation to the mechanical handling & lifting systems in the context of site facilities, including the application of design standards
- Responsible for reviewing proposals to ensure that the equipment/facilities are designed, constructed, commissioned, operated and maintained in accordance with the appropriate processes and standards
- Responsible for the production of engineering documentation, ensuring that it is appropriately classified, is authorised through due process and maintained under configuration control
- Point of contact as SME for issues regarding standards for site mechanical handling & lifting systems (e.g. cranes)
- Ability to chair and lead improvements (policy, equipment, capabilities) with site LOLER risk cell set up to ensure compliance with relevant regulations
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in crane design standards, other lifting equipment and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations)
- Registered with an Engineering professional institute and have the ability to achieve chartered status
- Experience within a Nuclear Environment to relevant ONR (office for Nuclear Regulation) License Conditions or similar highly regulated business
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Site Specialist Engineering (Mechanical) team:
As a Principal Engineer – Site Engineering (Mechanical Handling & Lifting), you will be part of a team of mechanical engineers who set site engineering standards and requirements for equipment/systems/facilities in accordance with legislation/processes by providing technical advice/support in a number of applicable mechanical disciplines for a variety of projects and facilities.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.