Systems Requirements Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Systems Requirements Engineer
Location: New Malden (Portsmouth and Frimley also considered) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Circa £47,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct requirements analysis
- Support the production of new requirement statements – liaise with technical teams and engineers across multiple disciplines
- Manage and improve requirements in the DOORS database – day to day management of the DOORS database; configuration control of requirements and changes
- Generation of customer documents from DOORS to support contract reviews & test events
- Propose improvements to the requirements and acceptance management process and the way we work
Your skills and experiences:
- Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment
- Substantial experience of system requirements analysis and management
- Experience using the DOORS requirement capture tool to formally manage and maintain a large scale requirement set
- Experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Understanding of the Engineering Lifecycle and approach to project delivery
- Experience of DXL scripting
- Degree qualified or equivalent, in a STEM discipline and willing to work towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Shared Infrastructure Team:
You will work in the Shared Infrastructure Area to support the complete lifecycle of a project delivery from initial requirements, architecting and implementation, testing and delivery of virtualisation aspects across Combat Systems equipment products. This role will offer you support in achieving Chartership status whilst also providing you with career development opportunities.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.