Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Jigs %26 Build Aids Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Jigs & Build Aids Lead
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Hybrid)
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying and analysing the root cause of technically complex Engineering problems
- Enabling them to generate and implement cost effective solutions through the effective use of innovative thinking and interfacing with other disciplines
- Preventing and resolving Operational build issues thus enabling achievement of delivery targets
- Generating and issuing Ops data (e.g. Manufacturing Instructions etc.) from Engineering information in line with Project timescales
Your skills and experiences:
- Build & trade knowledge with a view and experience of Jigs and build aids to work within in the build strategy and pace Team
- Able to work with an influence a multi discipline team and have a flexible approach to problem resolution but understand when and where to seek expert advice
- Methodical approach to work and documenting your work
- Operations Experience within build function would be ideal with Strong IT skills of Microsoft packages
- HNC or equivalent, plus substantial experience in a Manufacturing Engineering/Operations role OR Foundation degree with experience in a Manufacturing Engineering/Operations role
- Manufacturing and Operations experience
- Knowledge of contractual and procurement requirements
- An understanding of Manufacturing Engineering and its discipline's
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Jigs & Build Aids Lead team:
The role of a Senior Manufacturing Engineer is varied and challenging and will involve discussion, suggestion of radical but realistic ideas for improvement in manufacturing capability. Key responsibilities involve concept development, partner selection, leading our internal stakeholders through concept development to trial and implementation of the chosen solution. The overall purpose of the role therefore is to oversee a project from concept to implementation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.