Senior Technical Representative
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Technical Representative
Location:Coningsby. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
Salary: £36,000 - £38,000 Depending on skills on experience + 20% FSR Allowance
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on a wide range of equipment, predominantly airborne avionics equipment, supporting our customer’s requirements
- Interacting daily with the customer, providing monthly reports into BAE Systems Rochester
- Providing support to the customer, in the maintenance and operation of the associated Test Equipment that is used to support product lines
- Providing informal ‘On the Job’ training to customer’s staff, as a sub- set requirement of the main role
- Scope for broadening product line knowledge and support will come after successful time in your role
Your skills and experiences:
- BTEC level (including ONC/OND) or similar qualification as a minimum
- Practical experience in a mechanical background with experience in test and fault finding of electronics equipment
- Previous experience of avionics equipment repair, maintenance and modification practices would be beneficial
- Good communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- A flexible approach to working practices and hours, work travel to other locations required
- Self-motivated in completing tasks in a manner that is essential for the customer to complete tasks and duties
- A full UK driving licence
- Would ideally suit Ex Forces Avionics Technician
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Field Service Department team:
The Field Service Department provides various levels of field support to our customers throughout the world and varies from Flight trials, modifications and fault diagnosis / rectification from platform level through to component level, as and when required.
The Senior Technical Coordinator will be initially deployed to RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire, providing on-site support to the Typhoon Striker Helmet Mounted Sub System (HMSS), for the Royal Air Force.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.