BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Technical Author
Location: Radway Green - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- The ME Associate / Technical Author is responsible for producing and maintaining technical documentation Safe Systems of Work in support of Production Readiness Review (PRR)
- Working alongside Manufacturing Engineering to develop manufacturing safety documentation in accordance with Engineering and Business requirements to ensure compliance with statutory legislation
- Assist in all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering in support of Operations
- Support capital acquisition and engineering proposals, to achieve operational improvements and financial benefits, initiate engineering change control
- Assist with Continuous Improvement projects; provide support for statistical data gathering and recording
- Maintain a manufacturing Safe Systems of Work database, and forecast periodic reviews of manufacturing documentation
Your skills and experiences:
- A high degree of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, oral & interpersonal skills
- To be able to operate within a multi-functional team and manage individual workloads
- IOSH qualification
- Project Management qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Technical Author Team:
As a Technical Author you will have the opportunity to support and assist in all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering. This role could provide you with the opportunity to progress your career as there is scope for advancement to senior positions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.