Head of Nuclear Discipline, Skills %26 Capability
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Head of Nuclear Discipline, Skills & Capability
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing leadership, management and vision in order to ensure the timely availability of appropriate nuclear skills and capability to support the Business in meeting its current and future submarine programmes
- Leading and driving Nuclear Talent Management and Critical Nuclear Role Succession Planning across the Business, including managing Nuclear early careers cohort.
- Strategic lead for the development and improved resilience of our Nuclear Skills Base, working with the key internal stakeholders/customers in order to assure our ability to deliver the Submarines programmes
- Proactively liaising and working with external partners and agencies (e.g. MOD, Royal Navy, Rolls Royce, Babcock International, key businesses within U.K. Nuclear Industry) to address key risks associated with strategic and operational planning for nuclear resource
- On behalf of the Submarines' business act as the owner for Licence Conditions / Authorisation Conditions 10 (Training), 12 (Duly Authorised Persons) and 36 (Organisational Capability)
- Responsible for the governance of safe submarine Build, Test and Commissioning activity via the management of relevant Authorisation and Test Groups.
- Provision of strong leadership and direction to Organisation Functions to maintain the nuclear baseline and to mitigate nuclear resource vulnerabilities.
- Management of regulatory interfaces both internal and external (Office of Nuclear Regulator/Defence Nuclear Safety Regulator)
- Management and review of Relevant Good Practice and Learning from Experience
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of working within Engineering/Operational Build/Commissioning environment
- Working within a Nuclear environment
- Management and leadership experience; Strategic / Operational plans and vulnerability management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship management, ability to influence at all levels
- Submarines Knowledge
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Nuclear Safety & Security team:
You will be leading a team to ensure availability of nuclear skills and capability to support the Business in meeting its current and future submarines programmes. This will include working with high profile clients & stakeholders, such as the MoD & Royal Navy. This is an opportunity to make your mark within a nuclear environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.