Design Engineer - Electrical
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Design Engineer (Electrical)
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
Salary: up to £40,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing Integration Design Solutions for new equipment into maritime platforms
- Provide an installation guidance pack of electrical drawings, penetrations, cable data sheets, bills of material and installation instructions
- Carrying out installation Feasibility studies
- Liaising with MoD and Industry Partners in the development of integration requirements
- Undertaking Ship Surveys
- Provide technical contribution to the Product Safety of Design Services deliverable
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems theory
- Interpret and apply Electrical Design Standards
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Electrical Installation Practices and Electrical Distribution Systems
- ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity of AUTOCAD & FORAN toolsets
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Design Services – Electrical team:
You will be supporting all Royal Naval Surface Fleet and RFA Platforms. This role will offer you the opportunity to be part of and help shape the future support of world class vessels, driving through best value for the Customer, combining innovative ideas with technical experience.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.