Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing Build Planning
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing Build Planning
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for converting the Engineering Design intent into Manufacturing Engineering data for Manufacturing Operations use (Producing Routings and Manufacturing Instructions)
- Responsible for timely completion of personal and team tasks using appropriate techniques
- Responsible for identifying own development opportunities
- Where appropriate, checks and approves the Teams' work ready for release to Manufacturing Operations
- Contribute to the management of the Quality and SHE Systems, for Manufacturing Engineering processes and documentation e.g. calling up safe methods of working
- Build effective internal and cross functional relationships to achieve overall Project requirements
- Identify the activities required to meet a set programme of work
- Act as a project focal point for discipline specific tasks ensuring best practices are adopted and embedded. This may involve developing processes within the sub-discipline by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing development methods and equipment by conferring with field specialists and technologists
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC or Recognised degree, plus experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role or equivalent experience
- Production experience
- Product life cycle management
- SAP Proficiency
- Experience leading a project or has facilitated in an engineering build
- Understanding of engineering drawings and plans
- Process planning experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Build Planning team:
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing Build Planner, you will have significant involvement in key Manufacturing Engineering projects. You will use your knowledge and experience to guarantee delivery of Manufacturing Engineering outputs into Operations that ensure design intent can be met. You will be a key enabler for the remaining Astute and Dreadnought Programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.