Production Technician Machinist/ CNC %26 Manual
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Production Technician Machinist – CNC and Manual
Salary: £32,000 – £34,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting up and running manual machines & 3, 4 & 5 axis CNC milling machines using Siemens controls panel
- Using various data from sketches to 3rd angle 2D drawings and will be expected to manufacture parts by programming CNC mills using shop mill understanding geometrical tolerances
- Manufacturing small batch/prototype components ranging from highly accurate components through to demonstrator items within time and budget
- You will be required to self-inspect parts prior to finishing using the appropriate measuring method and equipment
- Ensuring all manufacturing activities are undertaken in line with company process and procedures including any SHE requirements
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of manual and CNC milling and turning
- Be able to set, operate different machine tools
- Able to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent hand skills when working with a variety of tools
- Completed mechanical training/ qualifications that include machining
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Production Technician team:
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Production Technician Machinist/CNC & Manual at our site in Rochester.
You will work with a small team within a development machine shop producing tight tolerance components to support in house engineering department during development and we are looking for a machinist with CNC and Manual experience who will machine products working closely with a broad range of stakeholders to produce the end product.
In this role you will have excellent opportunities to progress within the wider BAE organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.