Internal Audit Manager (Finance)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Internal Audit Manager (Finance)
Location: Flexible UK location.We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: c.£55k depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Accountable for the planning, delivery and reporting of a range of audit and assurance assignments against the organisation’s key risks
- Play a critical role in assessing the design and effectiveness of controls in order to minimise risk and enhance business performance, whilst maintaining ethical business conduct and protecting the reputation of the organisation
- Raise recommendations in audit reports to address observations and weaknesses identified through audit fieldwork, and summarising the audit findings in an audit report
- As a primary interface to one of the businesses you could attend quarterly Audit Review Board meetings along with the Management Committee members and the senior Internal Audit leadership
- The audit reports you prepare, will be written for, and read by, the Business Leadership and the Executive Committee of BAE Systems plc
Your skills and experiences:
- Qualified Finance Professional
- Past experience of managing Audits, ideally a trained Auditor
- Ability to write concise, professional and accurate management reports that deliver the key messages
- With strong analytical skills and the capacity to understand the usage of data within the business and using appropriate techniques and tools, draw conclusions
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Internal Audit team:
Internal Audit is the perfect opportunity to develop, grow and stretch your skills and knowledge across BAE at a time when our values and purpose to protect those who protect us are more important than ever. We will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career in a highly visible and influential function, which offers considerable scope for new and innovative ideas, and one that will develop critical leadership skills.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.