Head of SHE %26 Facilities
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Head of SHE & Facilities
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £65,000 + Car Allowance (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the development and implementation of SHE strategy, policy, and objectives in line with organisational goals.
- Provide competent and comprehensive governance, advice and support to line leaders, enabling them to effectively manage SHE within their area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain a suitable SHE management system that meets the requirements of our Operational Framework, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 and supports the achievement of broader organisational goals.
- Develop and implement innovative SHE change programmes, ensuring consistency and effective improvement in risk management and embedding a culture of continuous improvement and the sharing of best practice.
- Overall responsibility for all hard and soft Facility Management (FM) set, manage, and deliver the annual Facilities budget
- Project manage, supervise, coordinate, and monitor performance of contracted services, partners and service level agreements
- Lead the Energy Management and Environmental/Sustainability focus for Facilities Management, fulfilling Net Zero targets
Your skills and experiences:
- Industry recognised qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety, and Environmental Management (i.e., NEBOSH, level5 NVQ. Level 6 NCRQ)
- In depth understanding of how to influence senior managers in order to operationalise, integrate and deliver SHE processes, projects and change in a business
- Substantial experience operating in Site and Facilities roles, responsibility for large/multiple budgets, delivering significant business change and support with multiple stakeholders and experience managing complex and diverse teams
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Safety, Health, Environmental & Facilities Team (SHE & Facilities):
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Weapons Systems UK to lead and shape your team of facilities professionals and advisors, within a business that has amazing prospects for growth, in an exciting sector.
The successful candidate will head up a rapidly growing team where career progression is encouraged and supported, with future opportunities across the wider BAE Systems business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.