Business Manager - Occupational Health %26 Well-Being
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Business Manager - Occupational Health & Well-Being
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Grade: Up to £56,000 per annum, commensurate with skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and maintaining an Occupational Health, Hygiene & Wellbeing Strategy for Maritime Services and leading its effective deployment and governance across all sites
- Management an in-house team of Occupational Health Practitioners, and where appropriate, to contract manage the occupational health, hygiene and physiotherapy services.
- Developing and implementing control strategies that drive continuous improvement and protect all personnel on Maritime Services sites from occupational health risks.
- Ensuring effective deployment of SHE risk management processes, in particular ensuring the OH implications of organisational changes or the introduction of new processes, working methods, systems, tools, equipment and products have been adequately considered and assessed.
- Leading the Mental Health & Wellbeing programme
Your skills and experiences:
- Professional qualification to level 6 (ideally in occupational health or a medical subject)
- Strong leadership, team management, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others. This will include managing the Occupational Health Department / Team from including activities such as: health surveillance, safety critical assessments, travel and vaccination, management referrals, etc.
- Occupational Health legal understanding and clinical understanding to enable the support of / debate around care of the individuals with the nurses, OH physician and the business
- Willing to support Occupational Heath further qualification if needed
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Occupational Health team:
You will be leading a team, responsible for setting the strategy, and ensuring provision of an occupational health service to the business, by management of a team of healthcare professionals and administrators providing the service.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to transform the current Occupation Health service delivery to respond to changing business needs. You will be working within a unique environment with a multi-faceted risk profile, where Occupational Health can make a difference.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.