Quality Assurance Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing Shop Floor records, ‘First Off’ items for Quality Dept. approving technical specifications, drawings, and endorsing Certificates of Conformity as an approved signatory
- Performing Internal Audits, supporting External Audits, and supporting the development of audit responses and robust corrective actions which prevent identified problems from ever happening again
- Monitoring and analysing reject, rework, and RFT data, and presenting information to management
- Monitoring and supporting non-conformance / quality issue management
- Conducting and supporting Continuous Improvement (CI) activities
- Working with Manufacturing Engineering to improve the QMS (Quality Management System)
Your skills and experiences:
- Qualification in an engineering discipline (Science or Engineering degree, HNC, HND)or substantial time served in an Engineering discipline
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably of a similarly highly controlled nature (aerospace, automotive, nuclear, medical devices, etc.)
- Ability to conduct and support Continuous Improvement (CI) activities
- Excellent numeracy and mechanical comprehension
- ISO 9001 Internal auditor certification
- Experience of operating within a multi-functional team and manage individual workloads and priorities
- Experience in coordinating project teams
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Quality team:
Supporting production processes, identifying quality-related issues, developing rework procedures, and applying CI across the site are just a few of your everyday responsibilities. You have a positive outlook and can motivate and include people, interact with stakeholders at all levels, presenting data and information to top management and huge crowds. Within the Quality structure, there are excellent chances for career advancement throughout Land UK.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.