Engineer - Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineer - Systems
Location: Frimley.We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
BAE Systems are recruiting Systems Engineers of various levels and the following activities are typical of the work that may be carried out in full or part, dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
- Understanding, creating and applying strategies around system development across a typical lifecycle, from requirement elicitation through to qualification, including integration, verification and validation activities
- Identifying system emergent properties, supporting trade-offs, optimisation, risk management and verification activities
- Liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient engagement in support of system realisation
- Support the development and management of requirements specific to a system or product and/or across a system of systems, platform or programme
- Ensure design proving evidence is comprehensive, captured within the requirements management tools and has been endorsed by the appropriate level of authority
- Coordinating and contributing to system acceptance, including verification and validation, with a focus of achieving system certification and acceptance
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of SDDC systems and virtual architectures
- Knowledge of virtualisation tools and operating systems
- Experience in Systems integration, test & validation activities
- Understand the need and awareness of Product Safety and SHE at work.
- Experience in Dev Ops environment
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile principles using scrum framework
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering process and practices in the defence or closely linked industry
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Systems team:
You will be joining a team where you will apply your subject matter expertise and domain experience to support more senior roles in your team and various other stakeholders in delivering systems and products to the submarine design, build, and through-life support programmes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.