Senior Engineer - Product Assurance
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – Product Assurance (Concessions Manager)
Location:Barrow, We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Review submitted Concessions, assess against recognised Defence Standards and Technical Documents.
- Ensure relevant MoD System Owners have awareness of relevant technical details in order for them to conduct a Subject Matter Expert assessment. Formulate and submit a formal response in accordance with the Shipbuilders process.
- As the eyes and ears of the MoD at the Shipbuilder Concessions Management Working Group you are best place to identify if due process is not followed and escalate accordingly.
- Ability to look ahead and identify any requirements or development of In-Service Concession Management toolsets that the new Dreadnought Submarine Class may require. Work with Industry Partners and In-Service teams to enable the development required and pave the path for a seamless transition to the In-Service domain.
Your skills and experiences:
- Stakeholder collaboration within a professional capacity
- Engineering Qualification – Engineering or STEM Degree or equivalent experience
- Both great written and communication skills
- Previous Submarine experience through design or in-service is preferred however not essential
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Alliance Engineering team:
The Dreadnought Alliance is formed between the Ministry of Defence’s Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), BAE Systems and Rolls-Royce. The Alliance Engineering team are responsible for delivery of safe and fit for purpose Dreadnought submarines to the Whole Boat Technical Specification, through acting as the principal point of accountability for specific delegations, delivery and governance of major scopes of Alliance engineering activity.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.