Electrical Engineer (Instrumentation)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Electrical Engineer (Instrumentation)
Location: Barrow-In-Furness - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Install, maintain, and repair in-service monitoring systems installed throughout the barrow site
- Deploy, operate, and maintain monitoring systems used to support various manufacturing and trials activities across all submarine build programmes
- Engage with internal and external customers to define/refine system requirements, research available options and deliver fit-for-purpose solutions
- Work closely with the internal Instrumentation Design & Development Team to build, integrate and test bespoke instrumentation solutions where suitable commercial options aren’t available
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC or above in a STEM subject or previous engineering experience
- Experience of fault finding and repair of electrical and electronic systems
- Good understanding of electrical principles
- Broad understanding of measurement principles
- Experience in design, qualification, testing of electronic circuits and/or electrical systems advantageous, but not necessary
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Instrumentation Development Services (IDS) team:
The Instrumentation Development Services (IDS) team is a collaborative working environment, pulling together multiple disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Software and Metrology), to develop, deploy and support complex Measurement / Monitoring Systems from cradle to grave.
We actively promote development of our team within each discipline, encouraging cross skilling into adjacent disciplines where appropriate and provide strong progression and professional development opportunities to staff along both technical and managerial career paths.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.