Engineering Manager - Systems Engineering (Architectural Modelling)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Manager - Systems Engineering (Architectural Modelling)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness.We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the whole boat architectural modelling team in establishing and realising the programmes approach to Model Based Systems Engineering
- Engaging and managing the team to deliver this from managing and developing employees to leading engineering support contracts to enable effective delivery
- Work closely with the customer and establish a guiding mind for our approach to model-based systems engineering across the programme
Your skills and experiences:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent STEM Courses. Would consider a candidate without this if they have extensive experience
- Experience demonstrating effective leadership qualities with a proven track record of responsible management and leadership
- Stakeholder management experience
- Experience Managing Technical specialists
- Proven track record in systems and model-based system engineering
- Experience in supplier and customer engagement
Experience within the Defense sector
Submarines domain knowledge
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Architectural Modelling team:
The individual will be responsible for leading the whole boat architectural modelling team in establishing and realising the programmes approach to Model Based Systems Engineering. This will involve engaging and managing the team to deliver this from managing and developing employees to leading engineering support contracts to enable effective delivery. A key responsibility will also be to work closely with the customer and establish a guiding mind for our approach to model-based systems engineering across the programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.