Head of Organisation Design %26 Development
BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Head of Organisation Design & Development
Location: Farnborough (Flexible location, with UK travel expected). We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £85,000+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- You will provide specialist OD&D expertise to business leaders and HR business partners in the Group Functions, Sectors and Shared Services to enable efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead the delivery of organisation design and target operating model activity for transformation programmes in collaboration with Sector and Group Function leadership teams
- Work with senior stakeholders to develop organisation design interventions and support them in planning effective implementation
- Analyse organisational health trends and implications towards achieving common practice aims (layers, spans, executive ratios etc.) utilising existing organisational health dashboards
- Establish and lead a design authority board to ensure governance of the Enterprise target operating model
- Identify and manage suitable technology (such as OrgVue) to enable and deliver OD practices
- Lead the OD related elements of HR Transformation and HR enterprise technology programme, including global organisation structure and job architecture
- Lead the development of OD&D capability within the Centre of Expertise team and Sector HR business partners teams, including establishing a community of practice
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of leading and delivering people related projects across a large complex organisation, in particular strategic organisational development programmes
- Have experience in working with various transformation projects in organisation design and development capacity
- Have gravitas, demonstrable experience of influencing senior stakeholders both strategically and operationally
- Understanding of business strategy and commercial drivers to shape appropriate organisational interventions
- Project management and business change management to enable successful delivery of organisational change
- Great collaboration skills to build relationships with team members at all levels
- Passionately articulates a compelling vision, gaining the support and confidence of everyone
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The role will reside within the Total Talent, Technology and OD CoE. Will be reporting to Director of Total Talent, Technology & OD. You will be contributing to the development of the strategic initiatives of Organisation Design and Development and assess the organisation requirements, with a view to driving strategy, best practice, and expertise. You will work with the People Facing and the wider HR model individuals to provide guidance and to design and embed interventions and develop Organisation Design and Development practice, frameworks, governance, education and supporting tools.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.