Skills Planning Capability Lead
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Skills Planning Capability Lead
Location: All UK BAE Sites
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £50,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall capture, definition and dissemination of detailed skill training activities from operations capability and early careers requirements covering all UK Craft Skills Training.
- Acting as the direct link between Skills Training, Operations Capability and HR Services L&D teams for internal and external training
- Responsible for performance monitoring and reporting to meet the demands of internal/external quality monitoring and compliance.
- Defining activity material requirements and definition of procurement/manufacture schedule.
- Identification and distribution of Project budget based on allocation of local business norms
- A team leader who will coach and inspire the team to deliver modern and innovative Education and training programmes through a blended learning pedagogy.
- Accountable for maintaining quality standards within delivery planning, compliance to governance processes and quality measures
Your skills and experiences:
- Must have experience of detail planning or capacity planning
- Secure understanding of Planning Tools, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) key operating principles and other Integrated Business Systems (IBS)
- Understanding of scheduling principles
- Understanding of planning structures and principles
- Good Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Higher level of understanding of certain Planning focused Project Management disciplines than prescribed in Generic Role profile
- Experience of Leading a team
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Early Careers and Skills team:
Early Careers and Skills is a growing area with record investment here at BAE Systems and you will be joining a relatively new and expanding team focussing on transformation and improvements to the service efficiency and quality of delivery related to Skills Training. This rewarding role will provide you with the opportunity to help shape the apprenticeship and skills delivery programmes taking place across our UK manufacturing business units with learners at all stages of their development and careers in turn helping shape the future of the industry. This role is backed up with amazing support from all our teams across the UK who specialise in the development of others. We invest extensive millions of pounds into our Early Careers and Skills Programmes annually helping to shape a workforce for the future.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.