Portfolio Support Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Portfolio Support Lead
Location: Preston: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate high quality Project Management and Control / PMO processes across a large portfolio of projects, supporting project managers
- You will have strong experience of all areas of PM&C practice and will instruct others in their application
- Responsible for supporting a Portfolio or Programme Manager and their Project Managers to ensure projects are being delivered to time, cost and quality, using correct toolsets, processes and procedures and providing accurate and timely reporting
- Lead risk, assumption, issue and opportunity management at programme / portfolio level, ensuring common risks are managed at Programme level
- Manage central resourcing plans and associated processes e.g. invoice/order management
- Support Programme Manager and Project Finance teams to ensure PM’s are reporting on latest finance position – EAC’s and ETC’s and the project finances are maintained
- Undertake assurance activities across projects within portfolio in line with requirements
Your skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional role
- Experience of operating in a highly governed PMO and providing assurance
- Broad experience of working on complex Programmes
- Advanced Problem solving based upon previous experience
- In-depth understanding of risk, issue and dependency management at project and portfolio level
- Practiced at resource management at Programme level
- Experienced in producing and reviewing complex project schedules
- PM qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The PMO team:
As A Portfolio Support Lead, you will be working collaboratively in a small team of PMO professionals and reporting directly to the Head of PMO. There are multiple opportunities for career growth and progression via a mature and progressive Project Management function spanning the entire organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.