Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Description - External
Job title: Air - Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
Location: Filton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 Dependant on skills & experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Support BAE Systems product development through the creation of cutting-edge Fluid Dynamics simulation software and the use of specialist simulation knowledge for specific programme applications.
- Utilise skills and knowledge to develop enhancements to simulation software, ensuring that they are delivered on time and to cost and incorporate leading edge CFD techniques and software implementation.
- Utilise skills and knowledge to model specific complex fluid dynamic, and multi-physics, related problems using in-house and commercial toolsets and to analyse, assess and appropriately report the results of these studies
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge in CFD, fluid dynamics, acoustic propagation and related technologies.
- Maintain suitable records and archives for projects to allow reuse of work where appropriate and conform to mandated quality, and document management, processes.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of development of Computational Fluid Dynamics technologies.
- Experience in the use of CFD to complex simulation applications
- In depth understanding of Fluid Dynamics theory, related mathematical formulations, and typical numerical schemes.
- Excellent computer skills (Unix and Windows platforms) including programming and knowledge of High-Performance Computing.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Computational Engineering Dynamics team:
The Computational Engineering Dynamics Group research, develop and maintain Computational Fluid Dynamics tools used to understand the aerodynamic and hydrodynamic characteristics of BAE Systems platforms. Development of these codes enables BAE Systems tailored and advanced fluid flow simulation capabilities. The role involves development and support of the BAE Systems corporate CFD suite and related software, working closely with Subject Matter Experts across domains within BAE Systems Air and Maritime businesses to fulfil both long- and short-term simulation requirements. In addition, the Group is regularly called upon to address specific engineering problems by applying their CFD related expertise to complex simulations using a range of in-house and commercial codes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.