Principal Operations Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Principal Operations Engineer
Location: Barrow- We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and develop the team to achieve their work programme, implementing all performance measures (cost, schedule, quality and safety)
- Develop and oversee the implementation of department processes
- Communicate effectively with the team, management, contractors and customers
- Produce documentation accordingly. E.g. process instructions
- Develop efficient customer relations with other areas of the business and external customers
- Responsibility for liaising with planning and other technical departments
- Responsible for developing innovative process solutions which link to own and other key business areas
- Develop and mentor new employees and team members as appropriate
- Responsible for identifying own development opportunities
- Lead, develop and motivate any reporting and assigned staff through good communication and honest open management techniques in keeping with company values and policies and procedures
- To be conversant with the Quality and HS&E Management Systems, specifically the processes and documentation and training associated with your particular function
Your skills and experiences:
- Trade background either from a mechanical or electrical discipline, however, you will be required to facilitate reviews containing elements of both disciplines
- Knowledge or understanding of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and FMEA techniques/methodology
- Plant Maintenance background or relevant engineering experience
- Experience maintaining varied industrial plant equipment
- An understanding or awareness of regulations/legislation (eg. LOLER, PUWER, PSSR, Legionella.)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Operations team:
As a Principal Operations Engineer you will be based within the Asset Reliability Centred Maintenance team and will be pivotal in facilitating maintenance reviews for assets across the whole of site. You will be liaising with a variety of stakeholders including maintenance and engineering assurance teams and your role will be varied with the goal of having an effective, efficient maintenance program which is in compliance with all statutory requirements.
You will have excellent opportunities to progress within the wider BAE Systems Maritime Submarines business unit however this would all depend on the individual and where you would like your career to progress.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation