Cyber Security Cloud Assurance Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Cyber Security Cloud Assurance Specialist
Location: Preston or Farnborough
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £45-50K pending skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering cloud assurance services to the business, Enterprise IT, IM&T Sector and Group Functions
- Analysis of cloud solutions, providing control recommendations (covering technical / physical / procedural / personnel) to ensure cloud solutions are compliant with internal / external standards and regulations
- Conducting security risk assessments, working alongside stakeholders / Cloud Service Providers to ensure identified risks are reduced to acceptable levels, advising appropriate mitigating requirements where necessary
- Delivering documentation to demonstrate compliance to internal and external stakeholders
- Assessment of and provision of control effectiveness in managing information security risk
- Support development of strategy and continual service improvement for the assurance function & business cloud adoption
Your skills and experiences:
- Infrastructure, IT and / or IT Security experience associated with the management of cloud platforms, security risk and architectures
- Experience of cloud administration, security or auditing
- Working knowledge of Vulnerability Management, particularly in prioritisation and remediation
- Working knowledge of industry security standards such as; NCSC Cloud Principles, Cloud Security Alliance
- Threats, risks, vulnerabilities and risk mitigations strategies and techniques, specifically for Cloud services
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Cloud Security Assurance Team
As part of the Cloud Security Assurance team, you will act as a subject matter expert in relation to cloud security, working closely with a variety of projects throughout the organisation. You will be responsible for providing security input, technical oversight, advice and assurance, to ensure cloud services utilised by the organisation are implemented and operated securely.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.