Learning %26 Development Advisor
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Learning and Development Advisor
Location:Onsite in Barrow for two days per week with the option to work remotely for the remaining three days
What you'll be doing:
- Business-facing learning and development; partnering with stakeholders to support the end-to-end delivery of skills strategies through learning
- Advising on all elements of the learning cycle
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to execute annual training plans to time, cost and quality
- Delivering specific learning projects which are key to enabling our programmes
- Enabling and delivering projects aligned to our learning and technology strategy
Your skills and experiences:
- CIPD qualification, or working towards
- Experience of working across the full learning cycle
- L&D/ HR consultancy skills, practised in a workforce of thousands rather than hundreds
- Ability to work under pressure with agility and resilience
- Comfort with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to confidently analyse and translate data into solutions
- Good project management skills; proven track-record of delivering to time, cost, and quality
- Learning technology and innovation background
- Experience of working with budgets
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Academy Team:
This is an exciting time to join a growing team. Working in the Submarines Academy for Skills and Knowledge (SASK), our Learning and Development team are at the heart of enabling the Submarines business to develop the skills and capability needed to deliver current and future requirements. We strive to be at the forefront of learning innovation and technology; creating inspirational learning experiences and environments for our colleagues and partners.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.