BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Procurement Lead
Location: Rochester, Kent: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £40,000 + depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Receive requisitions and demands, negotiate with suppliers, and process Purchase Orders, Purchase Order Amendments and/or Purchase Agreements
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions, Price Agreements and other contractual documents with suppliers, and resolve areas of conflict
- Maintain strong, effective relationships with suppliers and be able to resolve relationship and performance issues
- Understand the budget requirements for the Purchase Orders, and to support achievement of these requirements, as well as identify opportunities for cost reduction/avoidance through effective negotiation with supplier
- To act as an independent interface between suppliers and the business, demonstrating effective relationship management skills, and the ability to influence peers and senior managers both internally and externally
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive experience within a Procurement or similar commercial function
- High level of computer literacy such as ERP systems and Microsoft Office programs particularly in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, fostering close & trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with the ability to take a lead role when appropriate
- Degree level qualification
- CIPS qualified or working towards
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Procurement team:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking team, where you will be responsible for the management of a critical supplier or group of critical suppliers for a particular business area or product/commodity group. This role will challenge you to bring your own individual skills and creativity in order to inspire an effective procurement service and in turn, provide you with the opportunity to further develop your career within the wider function.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.