Senior Data Analyst
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: SeniorData Analyst
Location: Warton – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: up to £57,300
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for managing a team of Data Engineers, ensuring alignment to process and standards
- Benchmarking and reviewing improved ways of working and continually seeking opportunities for Projectivity improvement, quality improvement and cost reduction
- Applying technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices within own area of responsibility
- Incident & Problem management, and working on the most complex issues with no need for supervision or support
- You will be required to work in an Agile Development Methodology to deliver against a technical design
- Working regularly with customer and supplier stakeholders, providing technical advice
Your skills and experiences:
- An understanding of IT systems and the principles and approaches that influence their performance
- Knowledge and experience relevant to creating design specifications, modelling data, testing, and validating in an agile manner
- Experience with the following is required; SQL,TSQL, COde repositories such as GIT bit Bucket
- Knowledge and understanding of ETL technologies – Data Virtualisation, SSIS/data warehousing/vaults
- An understanding of a BI toolset
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Air Data and Analytic team:
You will be joining a high performing multi-disciplined team ensuring our Data & Analytics Team outputs are delivered with a keen focus on customer satisfaction. You will be developing leading edge business intelligent solutions and solving complex business challenges.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.