BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Lecturer
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role
Salary: Up to £42,582
What you’ll be doing:
- Teaching on engineering programmes from levels 2-4, in line with Apprenticeship standards and BAE systems learning delivery models capitalising on ideas and innovation to enhance teaching and learning practice
- Contributing to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum always promoting a positive, meaningful learning culture
- Preparing and marking assessments as required within the range of programmes providing informative, meaningful feedback and ensuring rapid progress of our Apprentices individual development
- Embedding the delivery of maths, English throughout the curriculum
- Producing full, considered, and timely reports and data on Apprentice progress and further ensuring proactive data monitoring and analysis
- Participating in the development of an inclusive blended learning approach using CANVAS as a platform enriching the curriculum delivery
- On average 50% contact hours
Your skills and experiences:
- A teaching qualification is mandatory paired with experience of developing blended learning resources and delivery on a VLE (virtual learning Environment) platform
- Experience delivering on Aero and Aviation or Advanced Manufacturing or general Engineering programmes up to Level 4
- Able to work as part of a team to develop, share innovative and stimulating blended teaching and learning resources
- Applicants should have recent experience of teaching and mentoring
- Industry experience to contextualise the knowledge delivery to real life examples
- Experience delivering learning through a blended approach
- Minimum L3 teaching qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Early Careers Team:
A rewarding role working with the future talent within the business. Early Careers is a growing area with record investment. This role comes with great career progression opportunities as well as being an exciting opportunity to develop our future talent by passing on your experience and knowledge.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.