Early Careers Skills Coach
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Early Careers and Skills Development Coach
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering an effective programme that utilises a coaching and blended learning pedagogy to train, monitor, develop and assess apprentices against relevant Standards in support of them attaining occupational competence
- Recording / reporting of performance data effectively in support of delivering outstanding outcomes for learners
- Coaching and developing learners through off-the job training courses, providing welfare support and career guidance to aid their progression, attainment, and transition into the business
- Ensuring safety and professional standards are embedded in all activities or courses delivered to learners
- Embedding modern learning practices and additional stretch activities, such as skills competitions and problem-based learning
- Developing programme content and teaching, learning and assessment methodologies to meet individual learner and business needs
- Coaching, developing and inspiring learners to achieve their full potential and become autonomous employees
- Providing and monitoring the effective safeguarding, SHE, welfare, and support arrangements for learners whilst on Early Careers & Skills programmes
Your skills and experiences:
- Business professional with occupational competence within the Business Administration/Management sector with a relevant qualification at Level 3, or equivalent
- Strong coaching skills and proven experience within a coaching environment
- Passionate about apprenticeships and learning
- Teaching and learning qualification, including experience of learning delivery
- Knowledge of schemes of work and lesson planning
- Assessor qualification
- Experience of conducting learner progress reviews
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Early Careers team:
The business is drastically increasing the number of apprentices and tradespersons so additional coaches are required to coach the new employees.
As an Apprentice and Skills Development Coach, you will be developing learners through designing and delivering learning content as part of a blended learning pedagogy focused on delivering vocational excellence. You will deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment practices that engage and inspire learners to fulfil their individual potential and develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours to successfully progress within the business. You will be teaching and delivering the Level 3 Business Administration Standard and supporting externally delivered apprenticeships.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.