Senior Engineer - Site Engineering Authority
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer (Site Engineering)
Location: Barrow-In-Furness - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring that all new or modified assets are compliant with relevant current standards for intended use and meet stakeholder requirements
- Establishing and agreeing stakeholder requirements for facilities and equipment
- Production of reports, technical specifications and requirements capture documents
- Interfacing with other disciplines, maintainers and site committees on engineering issues and requirements to meet HS&E and other relevant legislation
- Review of design proposals for both new assets and for major modifications
- Assisting in the project management of installations and commissioning of new and modified assets by completing validation verification checks
- Updating asset condition dashboards for visual management
- Supporting the business as required in accidents or incidents where engineering input is required
Your skills and experiences:
- Qualification in engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil discipline) to at least HNC
- Hands-on experience in an engineering role OR degree qualified in engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience of applying engineering standards within a 'continuous improvement' environment
- Asset Management experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Site Engineering Authority team:
As a Senior Engineer, you will be working within the Site Engineering Authority team within our Submarines business. The main role of the Site Engineering Authority team is to carry out Asset Management activities and provide engineering support and guidance to area Engineering Authorities, Projects and Maintenance teams for Site & Facilities. The team is responsible for providing assurance that engineering designs for site and facilities equipment and installations comply with relevant standards, statutory regulations and safety requirements. The primary role of this position is to support Senior/Principal Engineers with the roll out of Asset Management and Engineering Assurance activities for 140 Facilities incorporating 10,000+ Assets.
This role will provide you with the chance to work on a variety of engineering projects, which will involve engaging with relevant stakeholders, departments and external contractors. We also provide a structured career progression route to enable your development as an engineer, including providing support to obtain chartered status.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.