ME3 - Senior Manufacturing Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Glasgow - Scotstoun and Govan
Salary: £43,713.00- Dependent on experience and qualifications
What you’ll be doing:
- Define & Approve Concepts/Operational Processes, Facilities, Equipment and Tooling and where appropriate, confirm and approve team members work
- Understand and Influence Product Design to define optimised products to meet operational capabilities
- Create and support benefit cases for funded improvement and where appropriate manage the facility investment projects from concept to commissioning
- Use Continuous Improvement and Analytical toolsets to observe/trend/make recommendations
- Agree, prioritise, schedule and plan activities to meet Project / Programme Requirements and where appropriate Lead, develop and motivate assigned team members through good open and honest communications
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in Manufacturing Engineering environments
- Previous experience in utilising or creating or interpreting engineering outputs, quality requirements and specifications
- Experience in the analysis of problems into root causes rather than symptoms using recognised techniques and collaborative ways of leading the delivery of improvement projects
- HNC / HND / Degree in Engineering or related field
- Understanding tolerance and variation management principles
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineering team:
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer you will have significant involvement in key Manufacturing Engineering projects. This role will give you the opportunity to be significantly involved in Key Manufacturing / Ship Integration projects. You will collaborate with and support Operations, Design Engineering, Detail Planning, Quality, Supply Chain, Project Management and our Customers to make Naval Ships an even more efficient and effective organisation to deliver existing and win future contracts.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.