BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location: Barrow-in-Furness preferred – could consider other BAE sites for the right candidate
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £35K Dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing efficient, responsive, and confidential PA support to the Chief Information Officer of BAE Systems
- Managing all incoming communications, drafting responses, redirecting where appropriate and obtaining additional information as necessary
- Ensuring efficient management of the CIO’s diary (E.g. scheduling appointments, travel itineraries and accommodation requirements) ensuring optimum use of the CIO’s time
- Utilising detailed business and organisational awareness to ensure effective engagement with senior executives and external suppliers on behalf of the CIO
- Managing and processing the CIO’s expenses/invoices. Including budget management where directed
- Supporting and/or deliver additional delegated responsibilities and ad-hoc project work on behalf of the CIO
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrable experience in a fast paced PA role
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build trusted relationships with teams and senior colleagues
- Ability to take a calm and considered approach in a busy environment
- Curiosity and an interest in the workings of BAE Systems and its programmes and products
- A background in the Defence or IT industry would be desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Business Support team:
Sitting within the Business Support function, you will be part of a supportive network of Personal Assistants across the business. You will have access to a great deal of training and development opportunities as part of this network and will gain a great insight into BAE Systems as a business. You will directly support the CIO & Operational Improvement Director, who heads up the Information Management & Technology function (IM&T) with support from their first line, consisting of 9 senior managers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.