BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: IT Associate
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £44,500 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Customer Management – Identifying and managing key stakeholders, ensuring relationships are developed and enhanced
- Interacting effectively and confidently with the Business Customers, Information Management & Technology Management and Vendors
- Providing consultancy advice and guidance, managing the demand and service processes
- Supporting activity generated from the demand and pre-sales process
- Ensuring the Demand Process is operating under an agreed governance model, sharing that governance model with the actors in the process and meeting the changing demands of the business
- Managing budgets as a Cost Account Manager, ensuring financial and commercial aspects within Demand Management
- Using appropriate facilitation, communication and presentation techniques to support Information Management & Technology activities
- Benchmarking and reviewing improved ways of working – continually seeking opportunities for productivity improvement, quality improvement and cost reductions
- Supporting the mentoring and management of Information Management & Technology trainees
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience working within an IT Department is essential
- Demonstrable experience in managing financial budgets
- Demonstrable knowledge of IM&T Service Management Applications such as usage of Service Now would be desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The IT Outsource Service Product team:
You will be reporting into the Outsource Service Product Team who are responsible for the successful delivery of the IT Outsourcing arrangements we have in place. This role will involve the day-to-day handling of standard and non-standard service requests into IM&T. You will liaise with customers and with IM&T Product Groups & IT Outsource Providers to understand requirements and manage progress through to implementation.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a varied role and will provide you with the opportunity to learn new technologies and their implementation process which could lead to further development opportunities within the business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.