Estimator / Cost Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Estimator / Cost Engineer
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow; We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and compiling complex cost estimates for bids and projects in line with business and estimating processes
- Compiling of accurate and timely material estimates via supply chain interaction and the use of historic information
- Developing and maintaining relationships, liaising, and interacting with key project related stakeholders
- Producing and maintaining a suitable and properly documented Basis of Estimate for all estimates, including dependencies, assumptions, risks, exclusions, and opportunities
- Providing data and information as required for internal reviews, meeting and supporting cost investigations and negotiations
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong communication and IT skills
- An understanding and knowledge of estimating skills
- Experience of estimating activities and responsibilities
- Stakeholder management skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Business Winning team:
As a Cost Engineer you will be working for the commercial function of BAE Systems. This is an exciting area of the business as you will be responsible for estimating the cost for future programmes and future business. You will have the opportunity to look at the competitiveness of the business and its products whilst supporting a range of campaigns.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.