F-35 Engineering Integration Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: F-35 Engineering Integration Lead
Location: Samlesbury / Hybrid (on-site 2 days a week)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £52,084 + (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead continuous improvement activities to further develop & deploy existing and new capabilities to enhance the efficiencies of the F-35 production line
- Management of certification reviews in line with Air certification policy
- Provide oversight to the IPTs to ensure production build, engineering deficiencies and quality escapes are appropriately managed to the required specification.
- Provide assurance of compliance to the project environment management requirements by leading the USP monthly Product Environmental Management meeting
- To support the manufacture and procurement of engineering products through the provision of engineering approved data to the company’s ERP system
- To capture, scope, develop and deploy capability enhancements to support the engineering delivery teams strategic and tactical goals
- Lead activities to assure airframe and vehicle system products and appropriately qualified & certified
Your skills and experiences:
- A Degree, HND or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline and demonstrated experience in leading a team.
- Proven Engineering Integration and Data Management skills and competence within an engineering discipline
- A good understanding of and experience with product lifecycle management toolsets
- A logical systematic yet pragmatic approach to tasking and process development
- A background in Systems Engineering
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Engineering Integration Team:
An exciting and rewarding opportunity is available within the Engineering Integration Team as the F35 Engineering Integration Lead.
The team is part of the F-35 Chief Engineers office supporting the programme in with engineering delivery, safety, governance, assurance, certification, change and technical issues. The role includes regular interaction with our external US Customers as well as senior internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a self-disciplined and enthusiastic leader with excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills, as the role will involve being the focal point, leader, SME, Engineering Lead for all Infor LN and PEM activities undertaken by US Programmes, Status and Audit.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.