Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £38,000+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as an SME to develop, maintain and optimise owned and earned employer brand channels including best practice policies, processes, governance and supporting tools
- Analysing industry insights, market wide channel trends and innovation, to identify tactical and strategic solutions that improve performance and inform future development roadmap
- Using your understanding to provide specialist insight and advice to key stakeholders to influence, facilitate and implement change
- Managing, leading and delivering projects to deliver agreed outcomes, taking ownership of delivery on time, on brief, on brand and on budget
- Providing materials, tools and engagement support to equip the business and colleagues with “how to” best practice in using social platforms for advocacy e.g., playbooks, tone of voice guidelines, webinars etc. while working as part of a global community of practice (CoP) to share best practise with other channel owners
- Working with other CoE’s and other partners to deliver integrated business-focussed and candidate centric solutions
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of channels to ensure best practise in scheduling, A/B testing, community management, measurement, evaluation and optimisation
Your skills and experiences:
- Detailed knowledge of social media and digital marketing channels
- Technical experience of developing marketing campaigns ideally within the recruitment industry and deployment across marketing channels including social media
- Experience in and good understanding of content production e.g., videography, photography, infographics etc
- Ideally experienced in the use of content development, SEO, social media scheduling, data analytics and social listening tools such as Adobe, Papirfly, Canva, Moz, SEMrush, Brandwatch, Hootsuite, Google Analytics as well as UX tools such as Siteimprove and HotJar.
- Good copywriting skills and ability to adapt tone of voice to audiences, message and platform
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Employer Branding team:
Our Recruitment Marketing and Employer Brand team is relatively new to BAE Systems, and this creates a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and future looking team right early on. As part of this team, we currently have a vacancy for a Social Medial & Digital Marketing specialist to be home-based, with travel to our sites in Farnborough, London and Preston as well as other locations in the UK.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.