Site Security Lead
BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Site Security Lead
Location: Radway Green, Cheshire
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements available
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that suitable controls are implemented to remediate or mitigate known security risks and issues
- Deliver the security controls required by our customers to assure the protection of sensitive information & assets and inform relevant business units
- Maintain the current Security Risk Register
- Ensure all operational activity on site is compliant with legal, regulatory and contractual obligations
- Implement and chair the Site Security Working Group
- Be the focal point for all security issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Industry recognized Level 4 qualification in Security Management or willing to work towards
- Can demonstrate good oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively
- Proven negotiation skills
- Awareness of risks and assessment
- Experience in a high hazard environment/ regulated industry (oil/gas/banking)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Security team:
The role of the Site Security Lead is to provide a focus for all security risks or issues on the site. You will be responsible for the day-to-day assurance and monitoring of all security controls (physical, personnel and information) on the site, and for ensuring that the reporting of any concerns or issues is properly escalated.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.