Apprentice and Skills Development Coach
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Apprentice and Skills Development Coach - Project Management
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £39,921+ Depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing links with the relevant functions in the business to understand the requirements of the role and the apprenticeship standards
- Coaching apprentices to reach their full potential by providing key support, mentoring, challenge, and motivation throughout all aspects of their learning journey
- Effectively preparing apprentices towards successfully completing their end point assessment
- Effectively communicating within the business to ensure all stakeholders involved in the apprentice learner journey are clear on their roles and responsibilities and working in support of the individual learning plan
- Coaching, developing and inspiring apprentices to achieve their full potential and become autonomous employees
- Providing effective safeguarding, SHE, welfare, and support arrangements for apprentices throughout their programme
- Liaising with subcontracted providers to monitor learner performance and effectively maximise the link between classroom and workplace learning opportunities
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of working within project management or a business/commercial related role
- Experience of coaching and mentoring teams
- Experience of assisting apprentice in working towards apprenticeship standards
- Experience of working within the project management education field
- Further Education or Teaching background
- Quality and OFSTED experience
- Ideally Degree level qualified – Business or Project Management related degree (PRINCE2/APM)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Skills Coach team:
This role will provide you with the opportunity to coach apprentices to reach their full potential by providing key support, mentoring, challenge, and motivation throughout all aspects of their learning journey being based in the new £25m purpose built modern Academy for Skills and Knowledge as BAE Systems continue to invest record amounts in early careers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.