Senior Engineer – Bill of Materials (BoM) Integration
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Bill of Materials (BoM) Integration
Location: Scotstoun or Filton - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: £42,153 to £48,473 (dependent on experience and skills)
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivery of Advanced Bills of Materials (ABoMs) and Bill of Quantity (BoQ) Estimates in line with Supply Chain route to tender schedule
- Engineering & Planning Bill of Material alignment with Supply Chain contracts
- Progress status of ad-hoc projects
- Weekly/monthly management metrics
- Presentations for the Bill of Quantity (BoQ) Reviews
- Resolution of data quality issues identified by stakeholders
- Identification of on-going process improvements
Your skills and experiences:
- Sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design or equivalent and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
- Ability to provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities
- Familiar with CAD modelling and Document Management policies
- Awareness of Product Breakdown Structures
- Familiarity with Data Governance and Data Quality policies
- Experience of the total Lifecycle management (LCM) to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Engineering Integration Team:
This role is an excellent opportunity to work in a new position within our team acting as the main point of contact with cross Functional stakeholders on Bill of Materials matters, establishing a BoM presence within the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.