Project Engineering Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Project Engineering Manager
Location: Any BAE Systems UK site / Hybrid (onsite 1 day a month or depending on business requirements)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £50,700 - £64,700 + Bonus (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Support business engineering governance
- Support projects during initiation
- Direct management of support-function areas of projects (Safety/Quality/Config/Security)
- Conduct design reviews. The PEM is responsible for the organisation and presentation of design reviews to the Engineering authority
- Conduct technical audits
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated background and responsibility of Engineering activities within an engineering/technical sector / environment
- Professional Accreditation or demonstration that accreditation is being worked towards
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
- Engineering Governance experience a plus
- Experience in high-compliance industries a plus
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Digital Asset Management Team:
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen within the Digital Asset Management Team, part of the Digital Intelligence Group.
Digital Intelligence is a newly formed Business unit within BAE and this role presents an exciting opportunity to define and shape the Engineering governance of the new organisation.
Digital Asset Management manages data management software and has key products with both UK and International customers. The key objectives of the role will be the successful acceptance of products into the MoD and baselining new toolsets.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.