Business Support Administrator
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Business Support Administrator
Location: Portsmouth Broad Oak - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £33,260 dependant on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking a range of specialised clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Processing documents received from a range of sources and in line with department standards and requirements
- Placing orders on suppliers and liaises with logistics providers, tracking deliveries of product and expedites product to suit schedule
- Liaising with suppliers and/or customers (inc international) taking personal responsibility for certain specified accounts/contacts, resolves queries & problems and speed up the receipt and /or delivery of product
- Analysing, collating and formatting data from a number of sources in order to produce reports, schedules and summaries
Your skills and experiences:
- Work subject to standard procedures and accuracy/attention to detail is required
- Considerable experience in Business Support function
- Can use all Microsoft Office software comprehensively
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
- Good communication skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Business Support team:
You will be part of a diverse and dynamic team, working alongside a small team of administrators to support the Underwater Weapons sector. This role will give you a fantastic perspective of our projects and operations across Product & Training Services and exposure to teams delivering projects to a wide range of UK & international customers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.