Lead Project Planner / Scheduler
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Lead Project Planner / Scheduler
Location: Scotstoun, we also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience with overtime opportunities also available
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the creation and maintenance of project plans for the project/or restructuring existing project plans following major change, including base lining / re-base lining
- Responsible for delivery of an enabled network schedule in line with the Integrated Master Schedule, declared cardinal dates and Quarterly look-ahead aspirations
- Responsible for the allocation of task budgets & alignment of work scope budgets with Project/CAM (Control Account Manager) targets
- Accountable for maintaining quality standards within Plans and compliance to governance measures
- Providing key support and guidance to the Control Account and Delivery Managers through regular engagement and a visible presence as the project moves through the project lifecycle
- Be informed and able to validate, advise & challenge progress & completion forecasts, identifying schedule risk and required enablers
- Supporting the governance, guidance and tuition of other members of the project planning team, in all topics associated with project planning, including toolset functionality and capability
- Operating in this capacity may require the individual to act as adviser to, and deputy for the Project Planning Manager
Your skills and experiences:
- Understanding of Planning structures and principles (WBS, PBS) (Product Breakdown Structure)
- Advanced IT skills and proficient in the use of Primavera P6
- Excellent communication skills with proven stakeholder relationship management background
- Experience in Defence or related complex Engineering or Production environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and resolve problems
- Strong analytical skills and capable of assessing complex data and communicating it to senior management
- Detailed knowledge of the business phases of Engineering, Supply Chain, Build, Commissioning and Acceptance
- Experience of coaching and developing others in planning structures and principles
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Scheduling team:
As a Lead Scheduler you will be responsible for the development and definition of Project activities which allow the assigning of resource and application of workable logic within the planning toolset. Liaising directly with the key project stakeholders you will monitor feedback and report on the network schedules to both internal and external customers. You will be responsible for the development & definition of Level 1 or Level 2 schedules from Statement of Work (SOW) / Project Control Account requirements aligning to the Naval Ships WBS.
The Scheduling team offers exciting career opportunities in this critical skill area and associated development activity. In this role you will be a key part of the PMO delivering on a fast paced programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.