Senior %26 Lead Planners
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Lead and Senior Project Planning Professionals
Location: Barrow-in Furness, Cumbria. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring all aspects of our projects are fully defined to customer requirements
- Developing and maintaining fully integrated and workable project plans and budgets.
- Leading, controlling and monitoring projects delivered to agreed time, cost and quality requirements, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and where necessary, intervening to resolve issues which threaten delivery to plan
- Interpreting, analysing data and presenting resolutions across the business.
- Developing, maintaining and managing key relationships with sub-contractors, customers and other stakeholders ensuring all deliverables are achieved, any issues are effectively addressed, and facilitating effective and profitable business development
- Leading or mentoring members of the team.
- Working to and support the Project Risk and Opportunity Management processes
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in a Project Management position
- Experience of planning and scheduling
- Understanding of Planning & Scheduling Tools – e.g Primivera P6, Microsoft Projects, Open Plan Professional etc.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplined teams
- Excellent IT Skills such as Excel, MS Office, and the ability to analyse data
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Project Management Function:
We support all our Project professionals with qualifications through to Chartered Status with the APM. Our programmes are some of the most complex globally that have significant strategic importance to the UK. Career opportunities are extensive within Project Management, Planning and Controls
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.