Slinging Team Leader
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Slinging Team Leader
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
What you’ll be doing:
- In this role you will lead, coach, and manage a diverse team of multi skilled engineers with the objective to deliver our products and service safely, to time, cost and quality
- There will be a need to be proactive, agile, and able to absorb and assess multiple sources of information to establish solutions to production problems to ensure agreed deliverables are achieved
- Responsible for resource allocation ensuring team are SQEP to conduct tasks
- Engage, listen, and effectively communicate to teams to optimise delivery performance, Liaising regularly with internal stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
- AP Slinger / Lifting qualification
- Slinger Qualification – CPCS
- Line leadership experience or general previous managerial or supervisory experience
- Awareness of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Maritime Experience with NPORS, OPITO and or NVQ Lvl 3-6 desirable
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders and within tight deadlines
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Operations team:
You will be maintaining and ensuring the operating capability of the warship headquartered in Portsmouth whilst working within a diverse workforce.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.