Assistant Simulator Technician
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Assistant Simulator Technician
Location: Marham, Norfolk (RAF Marham)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £26,473 - £27,000
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring the delivery of high-class, first-rate training to the Ministry of Defence’s elite Fast-Jet pilots
- Preparing Pilot Training Devices (PTD) for customer use and assisting with mission specific preparations
- Installing components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, workstations, and customer facilities
- Supporting and sustaining of all Information Systems and Information Technologies related to PTD (management, troubleshooting, repairing, preventative maintenance and upgrading software and hardware)
- Software configuration of replacement hardware, assisting with the installation and check-out of modifications and loading periodic security patches
- Adhering to all programme mandated security processes
- Supporting the DMRT, successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out maintenance activities in deployed locations
Your skills and experiences:
- Educational background within an ICT subject at either GCSE, A-Level, BTEC level (or similar)
- The ability to communicate with key stakeholders across different levels and businesses
- The ability to work within a close team under high pressure and to tight timescales
- Must be willing and able to obtain DV clearance,
- Any experience working with Windows and/or Unix/Linux would be highly desirable
- Experience within organisations such as Cadets, Uniform Service course, Duke of Edinburgh etc
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Simulation team:
The Simulation team consists of approximately 10 individuals, ranging from Senior Sim Techs through to Assistants. The Assistant Sim Tech role is a starter position with opportunities to develop through a formal development plan.
As an Assistant Simulator Technician, you will be responsible for routine and preventative maintenance on both the RAF Marham based Full Mission Flight Simulators and the Deployable Mission Rehearsal trainers, supporting the F-35 front line Squadrons. You will work closely with both instructor pilots and Squadron aircrew helping to ensure all their synthetic training requirements are met.
The role is based at RAF Marham but also supporting the deployable flight simulators onboard the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers. As such you will be required to be deployable, flexible and willing to travel.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.