Fleet Planning Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Fleet Planning Manager
Location: RAF Coningsby
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £57,344+ (Dependant on experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Build strong relationships with Customers, Part 145 Organisation(s),Suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Manage a diverse range of individuals to support the team’s delivery of the group’s key objectives and the production planning strategy for TyTAN
- Think analytically and understand the effects of various dependencies on the Fleet Plan
- Understand safety and the restrictions of the work environment to ensure the safe working of the Fleet planning team
- Manage the development, production and the delivery of agreed and authorised fleet plans for the scheduling of maintenance events and modification programmes
- Develop and manage the strategic fleet picture to support the customer in achieving their operational goals
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of leadership and influencing multi-functional teams
- Understanding and experience of planning and project management methods to enable successful delivery of aircraft
- Ability to analyse and interpret data utilising key metrics and performance indicators to understand and enable the development of the current fleet picture
- Strong problem-solving skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Fleet Planning team:
The fleet planning team supports our customer, the RAF, with strategic and tactical planning of the RAF Typhoon fleet
This role will provide you with the exciting opportunity to actively support the Royal Air Force by delivering plans and scenarios that will support their decisions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.